We’re a Certified B Corporation™
We are thrilled to announce that Mondetta, our parent company, is now a Certified B Corporation™!
What is a Certified B Corporation™?
- Certified B Corporations™, B Corps™ for short, are for-profit companies dedicated to using business as a force for good.
- Fostering a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit, B Corps™ meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- B Corps™ are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
- Unlike traditional corporations, B Corps™ use the power of business to solve our most pressing global challenges.
- There are over almost 4,000 Certified B Corporations™ in over 70 countries, across 150 industries inspiring tens of thousands of other companies to follow their lead by measuring their impact, changing their corporate structure, and building better businesses.
- Mondetta is proud to be the ninth clothing company in Canada to become a Certified B Corporation™.
How Does the Certification Process Work?
- The Certification process uses credible, comprehensive, transparent, and independent standards of social and environmental performance.
- The B Corp assessment process measures a company’s performance in five categories: governance, workers, customers, community, and the environment.
- B Corp Certification is a highly selective status. Companies must document their positive impact to qualify and undergo verification every three years to maintain their Certification.
- The B Impact Assessment takes into account the size, industry, and location of each business in order to make their assessment of overall impact as accurate as possible.
- It is one of the only global certifications that is not for a product or service, but for the whole business behind the product or service.
What Does this Mean for You?
- When you buy Mondetta you can rest assured that you are exercising your consumer power to support ethical fashion that is committed to making a difference at the highest level.
- Our family of brands including MPG, Mondetta Originals, Modern Ambition & Mondetta meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- Certified B Corporations™ like Mondetta don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk and are required to do so from a legal perspective in order to achieve and retain their exclusive certification.
- Many companies will make sustainability claims, however, if they are not a Certified B Corporation™, they are not meeting the highest verified levels of sustainability. We believe that as an informed consumer, it is your right to know that the companies you choose to support are living up to their claims so you can align with brands that share your values.
- Now that we’ve reached our goal of becoming a Certified B Corporation™, the work doesn’t stop here. We are committed to improving our score in the B Impact Assessment and expanding our approach to sustainability across all of our platforms.
- Learn more about our everyday sustainable practices and what this means for you.
Redefining Responsible Fashion
The vision of the B Corp Movement is to build an inclusive economy that creates a shared and durable prosperity. We are honored to be part of this progressive community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for positive change. Collectively, we are redefining success in business so that all companies compete to be best for the world.
Mondetta has always believed in innovative solutions, responsible design and providing sustainable options attainable for everyone. We are proud that our responsible fashion mission is built on substance and driven by everyday actions. Despite the challenges that the global community is collectively facing, we believe that every collection we launch must represent the core values of Mondetta without sacrificing the high quality you trust or the practical prices you appreciate.
We are proud to announce that 80% of the MPG Spring 2021 collection is certified sustainable – our most ecofriendly collection yet!
We can’t wait to continue this responsible fashion journey with you. Together, we can B the Change.
Founded in Canada in 1986, Mondetta – which combines the French word ‘monde’ (world) with the Latin suffix ‘etta’ (small) – was created with the ambitious goal to harmonize the globe. Developing simple yet sophisticated sportswear with unique flag-bearing sweatshirts, the brand skyrocketed to success and Mondetta was able to create ‘A Spirt of Unification’, selling clothing and uniting people around the world.
In the 30+ years since its humble beginnings, Mondetta has evolved from a sportswear brand to a global leader in sustainable, technical, lifestyle and active wear. The Company has grown exponentially and today has 3 divisions: direct-to-consumer, wholesale and private label, and maintains a vast supply chain comprised of facilities spanning 13 countries. Despite its growth and success, Mondetta has remained committed to its core values:
Quality with a cause is an integral part of the value equation at Mondetta. Mutually beneficial for both consumer satisfaction and the environment, the design and durability increase the longevity of the product and reduces the need for fast fashion.
Value and accessibility
The best products aren’t always the most expensive. Producing high-quality products at reasonable price points ensures accessibility and provides inherent value to the consumer.
Ethical business practices
At Mondetta no business deal or sale is more important than adhering to the high ethical standards and strict moral principles set by its founders. By following these practices Mondetta is able to positively contribute to the wellbeing of its employees and customers.
From staying ahead of the curve on design trends to more ecofriendly practices and technical advancements, Mondetta ensures consumers receive the best product without compromise. Mondetta works diligently to continuously improve its products and business practices to minimize impact on the environment and support responsible fashion.
Mondetta’s goal is to reach the highest possible level of social, economic and environmental responsibility. Mondetta is firmly committed to continuously improving its business model to reduce its environmental footprint, minimize waste, develop and utilize sustainable fabrics and implement ecofriendly and socially responsible practices.
Philanthropy has always been important to Mondetta. In 2004 the Mondetta Charity Foundation (MCF) was established as a means to give back. The Foundation supports a school in Africa, an orphanage in neighboring Kenya and charitable causes in North America.