Mondetta Clothing and Business Council of Manitoba’s Indigenous Education Awards
To focus our philanthropic efforts in a more robust fashion locally here in our hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, we donated $150000 to the Business Council of Manitoba’s Indigenous Education Awards program to provide financial assistance to Indigenous youth who are continuing their post-secondary education. Similar to our efforts in East Africa through the Mondetta Charity Foundation, we believe focusing on education is one of the best ways we can help young people reach their full potential.
The Business Council of Manitoba’s Indigenous Education Awards Program was established by the Business Council of Manitoba in 2001. Over the years, the program has partnered with the governments of Canada, Manitoba, and The Winnipeg Foundation to provide over 2,600 awards totalling more than $6 million to Indigenous students.
The BCM’s goal is to provide opportunities for Indigenous Manitobans to obtain a post-secondary education and contribute to enriching the province by joining the workforce as qualified professionals. Watch the video highlight ↓
Furthering our commitment to providing opportunities to Indigenous youth in the province, we have brought on two interns for the summer to fill the following positions, which will run from July 18th to September 2nd:
Internship: Ecommerce/Marketing Support
40 hrs/week (Monday – Friday, daytime)
- Support our E-commerce and Marketing teams as needed for day-to-day operations and marketing planning.
- Assist/support with data collection/analysis and reporting on internal and external sales metrics.
- Assist/help with minor website updates and catalogue maintenance.
- Support sales reviews and metrics for inventory forecasting.
- Review campaigns for quality assurance, development, and performance.
Intern: Lexie Moneyas
Majoring in marketing at Red River College and returning this fall to begin her second year, Lexie hopes to one day apply the skills she learns in the marketing department at Mondetta/MPG toward starting her own esthetics services business.
Internship: Apparel Development Support
30-40 hrs/week (Monday – Friday, daytime)
- Support our New Development & Technical Design teams throughout the development season.
- Organizing and preparing reference samples, colour standards, fabric qualities and/or trim boards to be sent to our vendor partners overseas.
- Receiving and preparing salesman samples, lab dips, fabric submissions and/or trim boards to be provided to our buyers/customers.
- Sample organization & preparation for internal meetings, steaming samples, creating hang tags, and overall presentation preparation.
- Fabric header organization, set up header cards and support the Fabric Team in the organization of the fabric library.
Intern: Kendra Bouchie
“During my time with Mondetta/MPG, I hope to acquire marketing and analytical skills that will later assist me in my future endeavours as a university student.”
All of us on the team are delighted to have Kendra and Lexie join us this summer and hope they find the experience richly rewarding.