Mondetta is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted: November 24, 2022
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reporting to our Design Director – Internal Brands, the Designer is responsible for the development of new designs to enhance the company’s business, market share and profitability. Based on sales data and market research, Designers forecast future trends and help formulate the company’s product strategy. In line with the strategy the Designer develops new collections starting with CADs and then making physical samples partnering with suppliers, manufacturers, customers, and other departments. The Designer works with our internal teams to develop custom product for each specific brand.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop men’s & women’s active, lifestyle, sportswear & outerwear collections for in house brands. More focus will be placed in Men’s & Outerwear for this specific position, flexibility to work on various programs will be an asset.
- Create line sheets for technical design and for overseas factory use
- Create storyboards/inspiration boards for upcoming collections
- Forecast fabrication, silhouette, print, colour, and trends
- Follow through from design creation to sample development
- Work with offshore vendors and manufacturers as well as internal teams to bring samples to fruition
- Responsible for portion of collection from a design, colour, intention and construction standpoint
- Work closely with sales and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the designs suit the clients, consumer, market, and end user
- University graduate in Fashion Arts or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Must have expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Possesses fibre, yarn and fabric knowledge with a key emphasis on performance fabrications
- Knowledge of garment construction and fit
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Seasonal travel will be required
- Experience in Outerwear design & construction will be considered an asset
Interested applicants should email resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Apparel Designer Position". We thank all applicants however only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Get started by clicking the link below:Apply Now
Supply Chain Compliance Specialist
Posted: December 9, 2022
Location: Winnipeg, MB
The Supply Chain Compliance Specialist position encompasses responsibilities in compliance, basic factory audits, certifications, database maintenance, the HIGG Index, and sustainable material certifications.
- Coordinate, maintain, monitor, and follow-up with third parties and factories for social, quality, CTPAT audits, and required implementation.
- Register new suppliers and factories and enter and maintain the information into the company database.
- Maintain supplier information, policies, specifications, and documentation.
- Track, schedule, coordinate and follow-up on basic factory evaluation audits for all suppliers.
- Perform internal audits as required for certifications and provide training to suppliers and staff.
- Keep track of all suppliers that have registered with HIGG Index, send reminders, and request access to modules.
- Formulate detailed calendars for all activities related to audits, compliances and certifications and ensure they are executed in timely fashion and ensure staff and management are involved as required.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementation the appropriate ESG compliance (Policies, Process, Procedures and Guides).
- Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with ESG Policies, Management Plans and Procedures.
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Supply Chain role.
- Experience travelling in the middle east and South Asia for supporting the activities and relationships to maintain healthy vendor and supplier relationships.
- 5+ years of experience in a related compliance role.
- Ability to travel to overseas factories for audits.
- Degree/Diploma in Textiles or related field is preferred.
- Familiar with of ISO quality and environmental management system.
- Understanding of HIGG Index, BCorp, and material certifications (GRS/RDS/GOTS) preferred.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits and a team atmosphere where we welcome your ideas and input. If you are interested in the position, please supply a cover letter telling us why you believe you’re the perfect candidate along with your resume to this posting.
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com with the subject line "Supply Chain Compliance Specialist". Get started by clicking the link below. We thank all applicants however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now
Plus Size Fit Model
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Mondetta/MPG is looking for a plus size female Fit model (size 18/20) in Winnipeg to work with our Design Development and Production teams.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The hours may not be regular (at most once a week, for a couple hours at a time)
- Typical demographics/body type: 35 - 55 years
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Physically fit, maintains an active lifestyle (preferred)
- Comfortable with trying on clothing in front of others
- Preferable if you are aware of performance garments and details
Required Measurements (Measurements could vary 1-2"):
- Size 18/20
- Bust: 47"
- Waist: 41"
- Hip: 51"
- Inseam: 29"
- Height: 5'4"- 5'7"
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Plus Size Fit Model". Get started by clicking the link below. We thank all applicants however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now